10 Quotes to Help You Stay Motivated
Success cannot be achieved without hard work, wisdom and the right thinking. Negative emotions such as self-doubt, fear of failure, lack of determination and procrastination are what hold a person back from becoming the best version of them. With the right mindset, a person cannot only achieve their dream but also more. Thus, in order to have the right mindset, it is important to heed the advice of some people who were once in your place, but went onto achieve success. Chalk this up as tried and tested advice. Learning from this and then doing what you think is best, will take you far.
1. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
Never give up on your dreams, work hard for them and you will achieve everything you want.
2. “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” — George Herbert
Waiting for things to all into place, troubles to lessen or people to change is a Utopian wish. Things will never be how you want them to be. You need to grab the bull by its horns, improvise and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
3. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” -- Norman Vincent Peale
Always aspire for the best; your hopes and dreams are within your reach, and even if you do not get everything you want, you will never come out empty handed. You might get something better or at the very least will come out wiser.
4. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning,studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
Success cannot be achieved without hard work and perseverance, so find out what you love and then put your 100% into it. Just remember that work does not feel like a chore when you are doing what you love.
5. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
There is no shame in falling. The important part is how you react to that fall. Every fall is a lesson; learn from it and move on.
6. “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There's going to be stress in life, but it's your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” –Valerie Bertinelli
It is frustrating to hear that being happy is a choice, but it is true. You cannot be happy unless you instill the fact that you are happy in your mind. No person or circumstance can make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Do not keep conditions for being happy; just let the bad things bounce off you.
7. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream,Discover.” —Mark Twain
Living a regret-free life isn't as hard as you might think. Keep reminding yourself that every decision you made was once a choice you took because you thought it was the best option among all the others. Also, the reason why you are wiser now is because of that choice, so don’t revisit it; learn from it and use that knowledge wisely.
8. “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” —Jamie Paolinetti
The only barriers to our success are in our own minds. Do not let the opinion of others or your fears stop you from reaching the top.
9. “What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.” — Plutarch
How we are feeling and how we think, are how we perceive things and situations, and then react to them, so stay positive and levelheaded.
10. "Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back
Make the choice to either be all in or all out. Staying in the middle and not deciding is just as effective as not trying at all.
Until next time, be well and stay blessed!
Terence Young, MD
Follow me on YouTube for up to date videos!
Join our Facebook Group for exciting content and inspiration!
Check out and join our Instagram for daily motivational messages!